Saturday, October 2, 2010

RESERVED for TukTUk - Nurse, I spy gypsies. RUN - Medium Small Elf coat made from recycled upcycled sweaters - Pixie Fiary Fae couture

Description

THIS COAT IS NOW RESERVED - MORE COMING SOON, I PROMISE!

I'M POSTING NEW SWEATERS SOON!
If you "like" Katwise on facebook, you can get a sneak peek and my upcoming offerings.

(Thanks for the deposit TUkTUk!)


***********************************************



This crazyquilt Carousel coat just delights me!

The colors in it are so irridescent and satisfyingly BLUE. I took a REALLY LONG TIME to intricately crazy quilt all the little patches together. I was just lost in the zone. There will never be another coat quite like this one.

I am so pleased with how it came out. It reminds me of the light streaming through a stained glass window. The wool i used is extra thick and felty to keep you snug and warm.

When you spin the skirt fans out to a glorious 18 foot hem, like a tornado from heaven.

It has both buttons and a tie waist, and is super figure flattering. Although it is a small, i think it would look sexy on gals with fuller figures too. The empire waist and full skirt will hug you just right ;-)

It has the ever popular thumbholes and a pointy hood.

It is a size medium small. *one size fits most*

30" BUST (but stretchy)
48" LONG

Model is 5'10" size 12, 38D

Enjoy!
***

I make lots of funky, reconstructed sweaters out of recycled materials. I am forever combing thrift stores to find the most interesting fabrics to use. Each sweater is a unique work of art, made while I rock out to weird music and sing off key. I like to think that a little crazy happiness gets woven into each creation.

I encourage you to have a look at my website - www.katwise.com. I have all sorts of clothes there - funky pants, lovely dresses, embroidered everything, plus lots of amazing tales, like the time I hitchhiked to Timbuktu.
All proceeds go to fund my haphazard world travels, and to ensure that my free spirit never has to sit behind a desk, unless it is to write an autobiography off all the craziness I have lived. - Inshallah!

***RAndOM THOUGhTS ABouT MY STUfF THAT YOU MaY CARE TO REad BEfoRE BUYING**

Due to the unending variation of the knits I use, a lot of the stuff has a little more, um, *personality* that stuff you would buy at a regular store By that I mean don't be shocked if not every seam is 100% perfectly symmetrical. I prefer character and whimsy, and I hope you do too.

A lot of my creations, in particular coats and dresses with full skirts, have a bit of extra flounce and bounce at the beginning, due to the combining of all different weight sweaters. I find that after a few wearing the knits tend to relax a bit and hang nicer.

Each item is rather unique in terms of its feel and stretch and size and so forth.

I try to use only the softest, yummiest natural knits to construct my whimsical creations. I dislike scratchy stuff, so that is rare - but if you are extra sensitive, feel free to convo me before purchasing if you are concerned about the itch factor of a particular item.

I try to make everything *one size fits most* but you are super tiny or extra large, you are welcome to contact me about how well this pair might fit you.

I put all sweaters in the washer and dryer before sewing with them to get most shrink out of the way. But to be safe you ought to hand wash cold and dry flat.

Please read my POLICIES page if you have any questions about shipping/care/refunds etc.... Thanks!

*phew* did you really read all that??
Added on October 2, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment